iLiveMath Oceans has been featured in "Back to School Apps" and "What's Hot" on iTunes. The app includes marine life photographs taken by iHomeEducator: humpback whales, sea lions, otters, and more combined with math word problems for a cross-curriculum teaching supplement.
iHomeEducator has released a new educational app for Kindergarten to 6th grade. iLiveMath Oceans includes over 30 types of sea creatures, educational links, and educational videos with over 100k randomly generated math word problem questions which teach addition, subtraction, and fractions.
"...iLiveMath apps are engaging and succeed in making mathematical connections to real world scenarios thus allowing math to 'come alive' for students. This is a great alternative to traditional practice while still providing meaningful problems to further develop concepts", states Hyperhomeschool blogger.
"These games are child and adult friendly. I especially loved playing just to look at the gorgeous, colorful photographs. Even better is the ability to learn 'on the go' as I usually have my iPod with me when out and about, while waiting at the doctor's office, or anywhere else I happen to be." states The Homeschool Desk
Just like the previous iLiveMath apps, students and teachers can collaborate on word math problems using Twitter, email, and blogs. Questions are asked and the student selects the answer from a picker dial. The student is then provided immediate correct or incorrect feedback.
- Review dynamically and randomly generated word problems
- Share your question and answer summaries on our community blog
- Email the questions and answers to your educator for review
- Explore related educational wiki links in a kid safe browser
- Watch fun educational videos after you've correctly answered a certain number of questions. This can be set by the educator at a threshold of 1, 5, 10, 15, and 20 correct answers before the video feature is enabled
- Level 1: Basic Addition and Subtraction
- Level 2: Includes Addition, Subtraction, and Basic Fractions
- Level 3: Includes Addition, Subtraction, and Fractions
Universal App release advantages:
- Runs on iPad as well as iPhone/iPod touch
- Layout for the iPad fully utilizes the larger screen, new button layout, new picker popup, and new view transitions
- Landscape and Portrait Mode is supported for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch
- iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
- iLiveMath Oceans is a Universal App and therefore automatically runs on the iPad
- Requires iPhone OS 3.1.2 or later
- Compiled on Operating System 3.2
- 5 MB
Press Release | PDF of Press Release