iLiveGrammar combines Science and Language Arts to help supplement your teaching curriculum.
iLiveGrammar Autumn uses sentences which describe earth science, animal behavior, and other fun autumn topics with beautiful photographs. Each sentence will have a highlighted word where the student needs to choose the job of the word.
There are four lessons in this app:
- Lesson 1: Nouns and Verbs
- Lesson 2: Adjectives and Adverbs
- Lesson 3: Prepositions, Articles, Conjunctions, and Nouns
- Lesson 4: Review
iLiveGrammar has been enhanced with the following:
- Sentences are associated with pictures where a specific word or words are highlighted.
- Pick from the scrolling picker: noun, verb, adjective, adverb, preposition, article, etc. which is associated to the highlighted word(s).
- The sentence and answers are tracked for record keeping and can be emailed and blogged.
- Reports have been enhanced to highlight the word(s), the Correct Answer and the Incorrect Answer
Sample Demo of iLiveGrammar Autumn
VGA Adapter Support
Texas and Virginia schools have joined Maryland and Illinois in using the "Apple iPad Dock Connector to VGA Adapter" (Apple Store).
Note that this adapter only works with apps that have made the change to support the external display like our app. This adapter does not mirror the iPad display.
Tip: The picture will not load to your projector until you hit 'Enter'.
Demo of iLiveMath Entomology v4.x using an external adapter.
- Select Lesson 1, 2, 3, or 4 - then click the 'Enter' button.
- The 2nd page is an information page - Tap 'Start' when ready.
- Read sentences which are dynamically and randomly generated.
- Pick an answer which describes the highlighted word(s).
- Answer by hitting the '?' button. Spin to your answer and hit 'done'. Note on the iPad tap the 'Pick an answer' button and then tap 'Done making selection' after spinning the selector to your answer.
- The 'Answer:' will show your selection and you will be given immediate feedback on your right or wrong answer.
- Click the right arrow (on the iPod Touch and iPhone) to move to the next question or the 'Next' button on the iPad.
- Note there is no limit to the number of questions (other than device memory) so students can stop at any time.
- Email your test results each time your student completes a series of questions by clicking on the score tally button on the top toolbar. You can also enter a 'First Name' which is used in the email subject as a way to identify your student's test results.
- Share your question and answer summaries on our community blogsite www.ilivemath.blogspot.com just by clicking the 'score tally' button on the top toolbar. The test results report is intended to help educators track progress and determine next steps in teaching concepts. If you prefer not to post the test results to the blog you can turn this off in the settings (exit the application and enter the iPhone/iPod Touch settings and switch off Mail2Blogger). Note that your email address will be kept private when blogged.
- Email the test to other teachers, parents, and friends to tell them about this new app.
- The blogsite can also be changed in the settings. For example a homeschool and/or classroom can create their own blog at www.blogger.com, and enable the Mail2blogger feature to mail test results privately to their own site for record keeping.
- Explore educational linked information on the wiki/bookmark icon
- Pinch and zoom into the images while reviewing the sentences (pinch and zoom is enabled at the lower half of the screen).
- Tap on the camera icon to hide the sentence and buttons so you can enjoy the photograph
- Push the home and power button simulataneously to snap the photo into your photo library. i>Videos are used as an incentive for kids to answer problems correctly after a preset threshold. This setting can be changed by the teacher/parent and defaults to 1 correct answer. Note this can be modified through the iPhone, iPod Touch, and/or iPad settings. Exit the iLiveMath app and enter your settings. Scroll down to the iLiveMath app row and you can configure the Mail2Blogger, Sound, video watching thresholding, and other settings. Video watching thresholds can be set at 1, 5, 10, 15, and 20 correct answers before the appears. Each time you click on the icon you will see a random educational video.
More pictures (see Facebook Album)